SANITARIUM WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON WET WEATHER & CANCELLATION POLICY
The Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Event Management Team (SWKTET) always strive to ensure that events happen as advertised. However, with reference to the 2012/2013 Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Health and Safety plan, the SWKTET reserve the right to alter/cancel any event should circumstances require.
Every effort will be made for those registered to participate in a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event as advertised. In exceptional circumstances (for Health & Safety reasons) the event structure may be forced to change to one of the following formats:
- Duathlon (Run, Bike, Run)
- Aquathon (Swim, Run)
- Fun Run Event (Run only)
Alteration/Cancellation of a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event will be determined by SWKTET on the morning of the event (or in extreme circumstances prior to the event date).
Should the SWKTET deem it necessary to modify the course/event or cancel any of the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon events, the following action will be taken:
- Any change to an event will be communicated to all present via the Course Director over the Public Address System.
- Regular communication of any changes will be provided via the Public Address system.
- Any cancellation/amendment details will be broadcast on Classic Hits on the morning of the event as well as posted on the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon facebook page & website.
In the circumstances of a full cancellation, details will be published on the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon website and facebook page as soon as possible.
In the circumstances of a full cancellation prior to the event date participants will also receive notification via email to the address supplied during registrations.
In the event of a complete cancellation of a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event, a FULL refund will apply (please see Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Refund Policy).
SANITARIUM WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON REFUND POLICY
Cancellation/alteration of event
- Refunds will only be issued strictly upon a FULL cancellation of a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event.
- Upon the FULL cancellation of an event, Sanitarium will refund all registered participants to the credit card from which the registration fee was deducted. Refunds will take place within 2 weeks of the cancelled event date.
- Participants who made direct credit payments will need to contact the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon team by phone or email and provide account details of where they would like their refund directed.
- Manual payment fees will not be included in this refund.
- If participants have already received their TRYathlete kits via courier then the cost of courier will not be refunded.
Cancellation by participants
- Cancellation of registration by participants will incur a $10 cancellation fee provided that the cancellation is requested by email email@example.com five (5) working days prior to the event.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations within five (5) working days of the event.
- In the event where the participant has already received their TRYathlete Kit, an additional $10 will be charged if they wish to keep the kit. This $10 will not be charged if the TRYathlete kit is returned to the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Team within ten (10) days of cancellation.
SANITARIUM WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON PRIZE-GIVING TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Prize-giving will take place on the stage container at each event once all participants have completed the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event course.
All participants (who register before the closing date before the event day go through the Check In process on the event day) will be in the draw and eligible to win any of the spot prizes.
In order to claim any spot prizes that a participant is drawn for, the parent or their legal guardian must be present at the Prize-giving and have their Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon bib number from that event on hand. No exceptions will be made.
Only the AVANTI BIKES will be redrwan.
No prizes are able to be claimed at any later stage, and no prizes are able to be claimed by persons other than the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon entrant named as the winner.
Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon takes no responsibility for lost or unclaimed prizes.
Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferrable, non-refundable and unable to be exchanged for cash.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By entering into the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon you are aware of and agree to abide by the following conditions;
1. WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON TRANSITION AREA
- The Transition Area constitutes part of the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon race course, and as such, only participants currently racing are permitted to enter.
- HELP TEAM Marshals will be unable to make exceptions to this.
- Access to equipment in the Transition Area will not be permitted until after Prize-giving has been completed.
- Entering a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon constitutes agreement to adhere to this condition, put in place for the safety of all competitors and event staff.
2. WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON LOST PROPERTY
- Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon takes no responsibility for any property lost at our Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon events.
- If you have lost an item of property, we recommend that you check in at the Lost Kids Tent during the event & if it has not been handed in that you log the details of the item with one of the HELP TEAM staff.
- Post event please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with a description of the item.
- At the conclusion of each event, all lost property is given to the local Sanitarium sales representative who will hold the items for collection. Large lost property items (bikes etc) will be delivered by the Sanitarium sales representative to the local Police Station for collection.
- Lost items from the Auckland events will go to Sanitarium Auckland Office for collection and lost items from the Christchurch event will go to Sanitarium Christchurch Office.
- Items are held in storage for three (3) months and there after unclaimed items are delivered to a local charity by the local Sanitarium representative, except that any items that a child could use in the future eg helmets, bikes that are unclaimed, are returned to Sanitarium in Auckland or Christchurch to be owned and distributed by the Weet-Bix Tryathlon Foundation.
3. WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON EVENT TIMING
- Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon events are subject to variations in weather and the race course on event day. These conditions, as well as the speed with which participants complete the course, impact the length of our event.
- In all instances where timing information is provided, this is approximate. Weet-Bix Tryathlon takes no responsibility for any losses incurred due to events running overtime.
- Prizegiving usually takes place between 12.00pm & 1.00pm & as such you should plan to be at the venue until approximately 1.00pm.
4. WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON FAIR PLAY
- The Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon is about participation and Fair Play. By entering the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event, you agree to abide by the principles of Fair Play; respect for the rules, courtesy, just and equitable treatment for all participants, spectators and event volunteers alike.
- We also encourage all spectators present on the day to encourage and cheer for all participants present, and to equally abide by the principals of Fair Play. Thank you for your support.
SANITARIUM WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON ENTRY WAIVER
(this is noted with check boxes during the registration process & also on the On The Day Entry Forms)
By registering your child to participate in an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood entry waiver and terms & conditions (link to T&C’s) relating to the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon.
1. I confirm that I am authorised to enter my child/ward named above in the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon (SWKT) (at the location and on the date described above) and give this waiver personally and on their behalf.
2. I confirm that my child/ward named above is at least seven (7) years of age (or will be by the day of the Tryathlon) and that I have disclosed all relevant medical conditions (including allergies) to the organisers of the SWKT.
3. I agree to comply with the rules and event instructions of the SWKT and enter at my child/ward’s own risk. (This does not affect any rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.) I further understand that neither New Zealand Health Association Limited trading as Sanitarium (“Sanitarium”) nor the organisers take any responsibility for loss of or damage to property arising in connection with the Tryathlon.
4. I understand the ethos of the Tryathlon and confirm that we will adhere to "fair play" at the Tryathlon.
5. I understand that for Health and Safety reasons participants my child/ward must wear closed in shoes for the bike & run legs of the event & that bikes are unable to be removed from the transition area until the completion of prizegiving, and my child/ward we will comply with this.
6. I consent to Sanitarium and the Tryathlon event organisers collecting, retaining and using personal information of my child/ward, and sharing it with third parties who are involved in the event. I understand that my child’s/ward’s name may appear on promotional materials and merchandise associated with the Tryathlon as well as the Tryathlon website. Sanitarium and the Tryathlon event organisers may notify us of events similar to the Tryathlon as well as any marketing and promotional activities of Sanitarium. Sanitarium and the Tryathlon event organisers will hold the information securely. I understand that we have the right to access our personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993.
7. I agree that any photographs, videos and/or other images of my child/ward taken during the Tryathlon may be used for media and promotional purposes in connection with future events similar to the Tryathlon and/or Sanitarium’s business, including on the Weet-Bix website and on Sanitarium’s product packaging.
TRY.TR@INER WAIVER available in the participants MyTry account once they have registered into an event.
1. You are a guardian of the Tryathlete who intends to use the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme.
2. The Tryathlete will be at least 7 years of age on the day of the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event in which he or she is participating in.
3. You will be responsible for the training environment the Tryathlete uses to undertake the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme and will supervise the Tryathlete at all times during his or her use of the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme.
4. The Tryathlete uses the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme at his or her own risk.