What it is
The Weet-Bix Tryathlon Foundation was established in 2008 by Sanitarium staff to enable underprivileged and disadvantaged kiwi children the opportunity to take part in and experience the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon. The Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon enables them to have a long-lasting experience of achievement and success, ultimately assisting them to live happy, healthy lives and giving them the confidence to do and be anything they want.
How it works
The Foundation provides worthy nominees with a subsidy of entry fees to a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event, or via the subsidy of necessary equipment. Equipment will be donated to groups (e.g. schools) so that they can be used by many.
Applications are managed by Sanitarium and funding is awarded by the Weet-Bix Tryathlon Foundation Trustees.
The Weet-Bix Tryathlon Foundation Trustees assess all nominations and make a decision to approve the nomination based on the personal circumstances of the nominated child.
Who is eligible?
Nominations for assistance can be either:
- For any child between the ages of 7 and 15.
- Both individual and groups
- Groups with children between ages the ages of 7 and 15.
- Community Groups, Schools are considered as groups
Who can nominate?
Nominations will be accepted from
- community group leader,
- other community member or
- third party.
The nominator must be outside of the nominated child's immediate family.
How to nominate?
To nominate a deserving child you will need to fill out the application form and enter the following information
- Nominated child's / groups details
- Your details
- What assistance the child requires (subsidy of entry fee or equipment)
- Reason why nominated child deserves funding
- Information on why the candidate(s) you are nominating would not otherwise be able to enter the event
- Background on other activities that the school/group/the candidate(s) is/are undertaking to assist with entry to the event
Nominations are now open and all nominations must be submitted at least two weeks before the event being applied for.
If you know of anyone who is deserving of assistance then please nominate them.
Someone from the Weet-Bix Team will be in contact with you within 28 days of your request to notify you if you have been approved or not.